To be a leading private higher education institution in the region..
The Industrial Engineering program is an important discipline of engineering offered by the Department of Industrial Engineering. The program is designed to offer a high quality and up-to-date program that provides students with the required knowledge and skills in physical sciences, mathematics and use of computers to fully develop their capabilities and apply them to general engineering disciplines and to IE in particular. Graduates of Industrial Engineering acquire an excellent background in scientific and technological foundations, integrated knowledge, and skills of the applied sciences including engineering sciences, industrial engineering and the responsibilities associated in production systems (manufacturing and services). The program provides students with the knowledge and skills of four main areas of specialization including manufacturing systems engineering, industrial operations systems engineering, logistics and human factors engineering and quality, safety and maintenance systems engineering.
The Industrial Engineering program graduates will be able to pursue jobs in general engineering fields and factories. Their professional occupations are Industrial Engineer (Operations Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Safety Engineer, Quality Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Production Engineer, Cost Engineer, and Project Engineer). Their fields cover the areas of research and development, design of systems and equipment, safety, maintenance, operation, quality and other areas related to Industrial engineering. Graduates will also be able to continue their higher education for a post graduate degree in engineering.
The program has five years of study including the first preparation year. To obtain the B.Sc. degree in Industrial Engineering, the student must successfully complete 165 credit hours. The first year (Levels 1 & 2) contains an intensive English program, that strengthen the students’ English language, as well as some general science courses such as Mathematics and Computer skills, Chemistry, Physics, Islamic studies, and Arabic language skills. The following four years (levels 3 – 10) include college requirements, which are compulsory courses for all departments in engineering, core courses of Industrial Engineering, graduation project and practical summer training. During these four years, students are given strong background in the essential subjects of Industrial Engineering.
Industrial Engineering department - Vision & Mission
The vision of Industrial Engineering Department is attaining excellence in teaching Industrial Engineering regionally and to contribute to improving the well-being of the society by promoting the Industrial Engineering profession through providing well qualified Industrial Engineers, who can perform and manage, learn and accumulate experience, respond to Change, create and contribute to knowledge, and provide innovative products and services.
In order for the department to work towards its vision, the mission of the department is:
- To prepare students through high quality, up-to-date and internationally recognized education program to meet the modern professional requirements in Industrial Engineering.
- To equip students with scientific and technological foundation and the necessary decision-making techniques, tools and skills to pursue careers in variety of industrial engineering organizations.
- To prepare students for the challenges of designing, promoting and implementing industrial engineering solutions within rapid industry changing.
- To provide adequate environment for faculty to encourage them to conduct good research activities.
- To have strong cooperation with local industry and provide services to the local society.
Industrial Engineering Program Mission
To ensure that the Industrial Engineering graduates will be technically superior, have a well-balanced scientific, practical, and general knowledge relevant to Industrial Engineering as well as the command of communication skills in order to be capable of fulfilling the technological needs of society and excel in working professionally in different industrial specialized areas. Also, it meets the challenges of Industrial Engineering professions in the ever changing and increasingly demanding in the government and private sectors in Saudi Arabia.
The objectives of the Industrial Engineering Program
- Provides graduates with solid and diversified knowledge and hands-on experience to prepare them as skilled Industrial engineers
- Provides an educational experience that develops the student’s intellectual ability in order to facilitate the development of independent judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Provides graduates with various cognitive and communication skills that promote them to succeed in their professional careers through team work, proactive involvement, critical thinking, ethical behavior and responsibility, and influential roles in their organizations and communities.
- Identifies opportunities for Industrial engineering research and utilize its results and findings in evidence-based IE profession practice.
- Provides graduates that demonstrate self-professional development and life-long learning.
- Enhance student’s ability to apply knowledge of engineering principles in solving Industrial engineering problems
- Provides graduates with the ability to pursue their postgraduate studies and succeed in academic and research careers.
Graduates of the Industrial Engineering program will be able to pursue jobs in general Industrial Engineering fields such as:
- Operations Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Safety Engineer
- Quality Engineer
- Maintenance Engineer
- Production Engineer
- Cost Engineer
- Project Engineer
The applicants to the Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering program must satisfy the MCST admission requirements to be admitted to the program.
To earn a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering, the candidate must complete total of 165 credit hours successfully, distributed on General Education Requirements, Engineering Majors Requirements, and Industrial Engineering Courses Requirement includes graduation project and practical summer training.