Access to the e-learning management system
Moodle is a learning platform designed to provide educators, administrators and learners with a single robust, secure and integrated system to create personalized learning environments.
We are happy to announce the availability of Moodle LMS for all students in Al Maarefa colleges via: https://lms.um.edu.sa
- What is Moodle
- How to access Moodle site
- How to enroll and Access your courses
- How to download lecture's file
- How to Submit Assignments
Here you can get more information about the main topics in using Moodle and how to use it to support the educational process. This list is regularly updated.
What is Moodle?
It is an open source learning management system designed to support educational process. Moodle used in more than 235 countries with the number of users reached 72 million.
It allows the faculty members to manage their course online. Instructors can share the course materials with their students and can communicate with students and faculty members at any time. Moodle provides the tools to help instructors to assess the students.
How to Access Moodle Site?
I don't have access to one of my courses in Moodle.
is this course added to your courses in portal?
if not make sure to ask the responsible in your college /department to add it to you in order to have access to its page in Moodle
Activity assigned for certain group (section) does not appear for some students in that group (section)
Make sure that the student is added to that Group (section), follow the steps:
- from Administration Block > Course Administration>Users> Enrolled users
- In the search box, type the academic number of the student & click Enter
- Student's information will be displayed, including the groups that the student is enrolled to. If the student is not enrolled to that group, then you must add him/her
To Add Student to the Group
- From Administration Block> under Course Administration> click Users> Groups
- Click on the group number (section) on the left> the names of the members of that group will appear on the Right
- Under "Members of" list> Click on the button "Add \ Remove user"
- In the search box, under list of potential members> enter the student's academic number > then press Enter
- Student information will appear in the list of potential members>click on it > then press the "Add" button to add the student in the group.
If the problem persist, please contact the admin [email protected]