RULES FOR MAINTAINING DISCIPLINE WITHIN THE LIBRARY
These guidelines are intended to establish a general rule that directs library user behavior within the library in such a way that visitors and other library users can make effective and smooth utilization of the library's resources, services, and facilities.
All the users of the Library shall adhere to the following rules:
- Members are expected to maintain silence and not indulge into any act which may disturb the reading or study of other users or interfere with the proper functioning of the Library.
- Readers should not mark, deface, mutilate, underline, dog-ear mark, write, tear pages, spoil or damage the library documents/materials. If anyone is found doing so, he/she will be charged with the full replacement cost of damaged material and may lead to suspension of library membership.
- No Library material can be taken out from the library without prior permission and issuance.
- Use of robots, spiders or intelligent agents to access, search or systematic downloading from these resources is also prohibited.
- All the members of the Library shall abide by the rules and regulations issued by the Librarian from time to time.
- Respecting the other users and the reading environment in the library, sleeping is not permitted on the premises of the library.
- Users shall comply with the instructions to vacate the library immediately after the call to prayer.
- To comply with the library closing times
- It is not permitted to eat or drink in the library, however, only water is permitted.
- Users shall comply to wear uniforms as per the policy of the university.
- Not to do any inappropriate saying or action that would harm the reputation of the university or any of its faculty or staff members.
- Treat all library employees and visitors with politeness and respect to serve you better.
- Taking care of the books and references inside the library and using them in the correct way without any appending damage to it, whether by destroying some pages or writing on them
- Avoid writing, drawing, and placing signs or lines on books, office equipment, equipment, furniture and on the wall, etc
- It is not permitted to hold student meetings or discussion groups on the library premises.
- The computer devices in the library are designed for student services, and they are not permitted to be used for accessing electronic games, non-educational websites or watching non-educational videos, etc.
- The use of external storage is not allowed.
- Users shall shut down the computer after using it.
- Maintaining and taking care of the integrity of the equipment and items/materials in the library.
- Users shall carry the university Identity Card and present it whenever is asked by the library staff.
- Users shall comply with the deadlines for returning issued books.
- Users shall comply with the regulations, rules, instructions, respect the rights of others who are library visitors and adhere to responsibilities and behaviors in the library.
- Users shall abide by the rules and regulations set for the fair use of the library, its facilities, and holdings, and shall not use any of its facilities illegally.
- The library staff will provide sufficient information to benefit from the library. Do not hesitate to ask for help and advice.
- The Library welcomes any suggestions or comments from the users.
- The Library is primarily meant for the use of academic fraternity comprising of faculty, researchers, students, and non-teaching employees of the University.
- However, visitors of other universities/organizations are also allowed to consult the library on written requests or recommendations from their respective institutions for a limited period.
- Faculty, students, and staff can enroll for library membership by producing their ID issued by the University.