The Research Support Unit (RSU) is established to provide guidance and support to faculty and researchers to overcome the difficulties faced by them in the journey of their research. This unit will organize workshops and conduct training programs that will help to boost scientific research output of the faculty and researchers in particular and AlMaarefa University as a whole.
- Literature Search Service
- Bibliometric and Bibliographic Services,"
- Searching and providing full text research papers
- Preparing Weekly as well as Fortnightly Research Metrics of the University
- Preparing Research Metrics on a given subject/topic as per the demand of the faculty members and researchers.
- Plagiarism checking service.
- Disseminating useful stuffs among the faculty and research community of the AlMaarefa University.
The Research Support Unit also aims to enhancing and contributing in the scientific publishing skills of faculty members and researchers by providing help and training in terms of the following:
- Training on Effective Literature Search Services using Web of Science, PubMed, and Scholar etc
- Training on Reference Management Techniques using Mendeley
- Similarity Check Service and training to use Ouriginal Anti Plag software
- Language editing/Paraphrasing guidance and training on utilization of online tools
- Help in effective utilization of full text Digital databases
- Help in the Selection of the suitable journal for publication of their research work
- Provide guidance and make awareness on Predatory/cloned and hijacked journals
- Help to Effectively utilize Saudi Digital Library
- Patent search service from USPTO and EPO