Presentation of the event
Digitalisation has become inevitable for the successful achievement of Sustainable Development Goals. The advancement of information and communication technologies, the improvement of medical technology, new approaches to streamline the educational system, and provision of equitable access to services and increased efficiency and well-being of the population served, have all made digital transformation an alternative and strategic way to achieve SDGs.
Delivery of high-quality goods and services in healthcare, education, finance, commerce, governance, agriculture and other vital areas has been made possible through the introduction and development of smart systems. These systems can help to reduce poverty and hunger, boost health, create new jobs, help mitigate climate change, improve energy efficiency, and make cities and communities more sustainable. In this regard, the interplay between digitalisation and sustainability creates bright opportunities for shaping a better economy and society, providing the way towards the SDGs.
- Examine the use of digitalisation in achieving SDGs; it will also conceptualise and contextualise the national and regional approaches
- Discuss scholarly opinions and scientific studies to substantiate the role of digitalisation in achieving SDGs 3, 4 and 5
- Explore resolutions to the issues of access to healthcare and services and inequitable education, with a special emphasis on women and under-served populations
- How can we develop digital means to provide resolutions to SDG issues?
- How can we capitalise on Saudi Arabia’s digital advancement to assist in transforming the nation’s healthcare system?
- Can we suggest means and ways to provide under-served populations with equal opportunities for healthcare and education?
Building 20, Room 2011
- 10:00–10:10 | Welcome remarks
- 10:10–11:10 | How can we capitalise on Saudi Arabia’s digital advancement to assist in transforming the nation’s healthcare system?
- 11:10–11:30 | Networking refreshments
- 11:30–12:00 | How can we suggest means and ways to provide underserved populations equal opportunities for healthcare and education?
- 12:00–13:00 | Higher education leaders panel: What is being done and what more can be done to drive real change?