Table of Contents
- This regulation outlines the rules governing the structure and powers of the Student Council at the University.
- The Student Council operates under the supervision of the Student Affairs Administration.
- The Student Council represents all students of the university across all majors.
This regulation applies to the Student Council, including all its committees and members.
- Paying attention to conveying students' voices and opinions to the responsible administrations.
- Enhancing communication channels between the university administration, students, and faculty members.
- Activating student activities and initiatives in all forms.
- Contributing to raising students' awareness of the rules and regulations of the University.
1- All enrolled students at the University have the right to apply for membership in the Student Council, according to the following conditions:
- The student should have a good disciplinary record and not be subject to any disciplinary measures related to behavior.
- The remaining academic period for the student should be one year or more.
- The student may be warned due to a significant decrease in their academic GPA.
2- Termination of Membership:
- 2-1. Membership in the Student Council ends in the following cases:
A. Graduating from the University.
B. Withdrawing from the University.
C. Permanent expulsion from the University.
- 2-2. Membership in the Student Council may be suspended for a period determined by the Administrative Committee in the following cases:
A. The student suspends their studies (apology) for one or more semesters.
B. The student is absent from three consecutive meetings of the Council without an acceptable excuse.
C. The student exhibits a lack of cooperation with their colleagues and does not fulfill the assigned tasks.
- 2-3. Based on the Administrative Supervisor's recommendation, the Student Council may drop a student's membership, and the student cannot reapply for membership in the following cases:
- When the student violates the Council's bylaws
- Violating the general regulations and rules of the University of Knowledge.
5-1: The nomination process for the Student Council membership begins in the first week of the academic year and continues for a maximum of one week.
5-2: The Administrative Supervisor sorts the nominated names, and personal interviews are conducted to ensure compliance with the conditions stated in Article 4-1.
5-3: Voting is open to all students for a period ranging from one week to a maximum of one week.
5-4: After the voting period ends, the Administrative Supervisor counts the votes, and the results are announced.
5-5: The internal structure is determined through an internal vote among the Council members to elect the President and Vice President.
5-6: The term of the Council will be for one academic year, and its activities will commence from the announcement of the results until the end of the spring semester.
5-7: The Council has the right to request an extension for another academic year with a recommendation from the Administrative Supervisor.
[Online]. Available: https://www.um.edu.sa/en/node/192.