Industrial Engineering is one of the significant majors in engineering. The Industrial Engineering Program at Almaarefa University has been designed to offer a modern, high-quality program that provides students with the necessary knowledge and skills in physics, mathematics, and using computers which enable them to develop their abilities, and to deploy it effectively in engineering disciplines in general, and industrial engineering in particular.
The graduate of the Industrial Engineering program obtains an excellent background in scientific and technical foundations, integrated knowledge and skills in the field of applied sciences including engineering sciences, industrial engineering and production systems (manufacturing and services).The program provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary for the four main areas of specialization including manufacturing systems engineering, industrial process systems engineering, human factors engineering, and quality, safety and maintenance systems engineering.
The study program plan includes a number of curriculum courses spread over five academic years, including the general preparation year. In order to obtain a science degree in industrial engineering, the student must successfully complete 165 credit hours (five academic years). The program begins with the general preparation year (first year: Level 1 and Level 2), which contains an intensive English language program that enhances students' English language skills, in addition to other knowledge and skills in general and basic sciences such as mathematics, computer skills, chemistry and physics, Islamic studies and Arabic language skills. The following four years (levels 3-10) include college and major requirements, compulsory hours for all engineering departments and specialized core courses for industrial engineering, a graduation project, and a practical summer internship. All these courses will give the student a solid background in the basic topics of industrial engineering.
the intended vision of the "Industrial Engineering Department" is to realize the distinction in the education of "Industrial Engineering" locally and regionally and to improve society welfare by promoting the industrial engineering profession and by graduating qualified industrial engineers, who can, adequately, manage their works and tasks and responsibilities and with ability to continue learning and acquiring experience, responsiveness to change, contribution to acquire and spread knowledge and to supply innovative products and services.
The graduate of Industrial Engineering at Al-Maarefa University be technically superior, has scientific and practical knowledge of industrial engineering, is equipped with communication skills, is able to meet the needs and challenges of the technical community, and excels in working professionally in various specialized industrial fields.
- To provide graduates with good and diversified knowledge as well as practical experience to prepare them to be skilled industrial engineers.
- Providing an educational environment for students that provides them with knowledge and skills that enable them to analyze, make decisions and solve problems.
- Providing graduates with various cognitive and communication skills that help them succeed in their professional lives through work teams, initiative, critical thinking, professional ethics, taking responsibility, and playing influential roles in their organizations and societies.
- Identifying and exploiting opportunities in the areas of research in industrial engineering, and benefiting from its results in a scientific, evidence-based manner.
- Providing graduates with the knowledge and skills necessary for self-development and lifelong learning.
- Enhancing the student's ability to apply engineering principles and knowledge in solving industrial engineering problems.
- Qualifying the graduate to be able to pursue higher studies after the bachelor's degree, and to succeed in academic and research life.
Graduates of the Industrial Engineering program will have the ability to work in industrial engineering jobs such as:
- Process Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Safety engineer
- quality engineer
- production engineer
- Cost Engineer
- Project Engineer
- Maintenance Engineer
To obtain a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering, the student must successfully complete a total of (165) credit hours (five academic years), which distributed over a number of requirements of general education, general engineering, and specialization requirements, including the graduation project and practical training.